Please pray for my sweet nephew Zack! He was born on Thursday and is having some heart and lung complications. He is responding to treatment, but has at least a few week's stay in the NICU. Please pray for my brother and sister-in-law too. They released her after 24 hours since they had to move the baby, so she can be with him.
The good thing is that we are all believers and know that God will take care of Zack and the doctors treating him. But any prayers help.
I know a lot of you are NICU mommies, so please comment with what helped you the most while you were waiting. I want to get together a little care package to mail to them. It was hard to leave yesterday and I want to feel like I am doing something while they are 3 hours away.
I will update again as soon as I know something. Thanks y'all.
Sisterbug.com is the place to be!!
14 years ago
7 comments:
Please know that we WILL be praying for little Zack! I've mentioned this before, but walking out of that hospital without my two babies was the HARDEST thing I have ever done. We are SO VERY GRATEFUL for the nurses and doctors that cared for our babies when we couldn't.
One thing that helped me was that our nurse had created a scrapbook calendar page (with all of the cute scrapbook things on it) of their stay in the NICU. Those pages are VERY special to me, because our nurse was able to write about the "BIG" milestones of those days that passed by. I also loved anything that had their name on it! Some of the blankets and burp cloths are some of my most treasured pieces from the NICU.
I hope that this time goes by quickly. I know that little Zach is getting the best care possible. I will pray for your brother and sister-in-law.
We are praying for baby Zach and Brandon and Shannon. I pray for quick healing and that God would give Brandon and Shannon strentgh and comfort during this time. Let me know if we can do anything.
will def. be praying for all of them. the best thing was getting to be with ally claire and cry if we wanted to and laugh when we wanted to and finally hold her 4 days later! it was wonderful to know that others everywhere were praying for her. you may get in touch with kim from footprints in montgomery and ask her to pay them a visit (let her know you are helping with the one up here.) also, a notepad to write down what the docs and nurses say. a disposable camera for them to take pics when they can't be there. they will feel guilty for being away from the other 2 (they have 2 right?) when they are being with zach. as long as someone who loves their kids are there with them and giving them special attention, tell them it will be ok. after a few days, they can rotate in and out taking care of the older kids. tell them above all, talk to the nurses. the nurses see these babies alll the time and they can tell you exactly what is normal and what to expect. above all, jesus loves me says it best. "little ones to Him belong. they are weak, but He is strong!" keep me informed.
Please know we are praying! God is good - even in the tough times :)
Kera,
We are praying for Zack and your family! Here are a few things you might want to include in your care package:
1. Disposable cameras (as Becky said) are a biggie! We left these at Ann Catherine's bedside and the nurses took pictures when we weren't there. I missed her very first bath b/c they did it late at night but they took a picture for me so I got to see it!
2. A special stuffed animal. Most NICUs will let you put small stuffed animals in their beds. My sister gave AC a bear right after she was born and we put it in her NICU bed. She still has it and we call it her "NICU bear." Because of that it has a very special meaning to us.
3. Any inspirational/Christian books or CDs. I'm sure she is feeling down and these will lift her spirits.
4. Do they live far from the hospital? If so, any restaurant gift cards are nice. If they are like we were, their lives are revolving around visits to the hospital.
5. Your love and prayers - which I know you are already sending!
Being a NICU parent is a very lonely feeling. Just let them know how loved they are :) Please let me know if I can help!
Amy
We are praying for baby Zack and your family! I know what it is like to have to leave without your baby (or babies in my case) and it is really hard. It's something that you can't understand unless you've been there. He is in good hands, though, with the nurses and doctors there. Our nurses were WONDERFUL and took care of our babies in those early days when we couldn't...and then taught us how to care for them once they came home. I think Sunny, Becky and Amy gave lots of good info and things that would be helpful and important for your family during this time. Please know that I will be praying and if there is anything else I can do, please let me know. :)
P.S. Was he born early or close to term? I wasn't thinking that he's preemie...just having complications as a term baby. If he is preemie, though, I have a bag of some boy preemie clothes that I could donate if needed.
okay this is really crazy how everyone is connected. This is Ashley and I had no clue you were related to them! I go to church with Shannon (all of them). Anyway, I had no clue until today, but am def. praying for them-I can't imagine what they have been through! what a blessing that he is doing better though!
Post a Comment