It was one week ago today that I was heading down to Montgomery to see my new nephew! My kids only took a 25 minute nap in the car and so I was praying that we made it without incident since we are not normally car travelers. And, I definitely have never driven down by myself. And, I was praying that the DVD player would work the whole time.
I was also thanking God for a healthy Zack and that Aunt Shanie had a great delivery this time. All week I had a feeling something would be wrong, but when they called me (while we were going through B-ham), they said he was fine and I thanked God that my feelings were wrong.
Sissy was SUPER excited because she loves babies so much and we had already talked about how she would have to wash her hands real good and she could not kiss him but on his feet. She wanted to kiss his face, she said, but I reminded her that we can only kiss little baby feet until they are a little older.
And, when we arrived at the hospital, we were expecting to see Zack and hold him, but the blinds were drawn and he was not in his bed when I peeked through. I was not worried because they had already said that he was ok, right?
Fast forward to about 10 pm when I headed back to the hospital after a few calls from my brother saying Zack was really sick and they were transporting him to another hospital. (Memae and Papa stayed at the house with all of the other kids.) I was to stay at the hospital with Shannon while Bub went with Zack.
I got there in time to see Zack in his transport bed with wires and such everywhere, intibated, and sedated. And, it was the first time I had seen him, but somehow it made me feel better. Just to see his little face and his big ol feet and how much he looked like his big brothers did when they were born. And I prayed for God to heal him and to bring peace to my brother and sister. And, I knew that he would because God is amazing and was hearing so many prayers for Zack.
But, at the same time, it was so hard not to hold that sweet baby. You know, like when your kids are sick you just want to hold them and rock them and kiss them. And, I knew if I was feeling that way as his Aunt, that I could never imagine how hard it was for my brother and sister.
But, do you know what? THEY GOT TO HOLD HIM YESTERDAY!
So, on Thursday, I am THANKFUL that God heals and Shannon & Brandon got to hold their sweet baby Zack! And that he is on the right track to recovery.
And, I am also thankful for friends who will pray for babies they don't even know. Because God hears and is working on Baby Zackie. And one day soon, I will get to hold him too.
Sisterbug.com is the place to be!!
14 years ago
1 comment:
So thankful that things continue to look up for baby Zach!! Will continue to pray!!!
Post a Comment