A few weeks ago I had a very rare few minutes in my car ALONE! I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have been in my car alone this year, and I might have a few fingers left over. It never happens! So, when I am, I like to turn off the music and think. Or pray, Or stare off into space and then realize that I don't remember passing certain landmarks. Dangerous.
I thought I would share my thought process, as weird as it may be, and then end with a question for y'all. I hope you will comment! I would love to hear your answers!
I am driving in the Medical District and I see a guy using the traffic light pole to stretch. And, I laugh to myself because I obviously do not take exercising as seriously as this guy. I mean he is using every second he has while waiting to cross the street to keep up his heart rate or whatever you exercisers do. And when the light changed, he waiting for a car to get out of the way and then took off like someone was chasing him. He was not about to let a car get in the way of his speed.
My first thought was...Oh how the people in their cars would be belly laughing if they saw me running down the road {think Phoebe from Friends, but with hysterical giggling because I cannot run without laughing}.
And, my second thought was Heaven. And how I do not want to let anyone or anything on this earth {traffic light or slow driver} get in my way of going to Heaven {good workout}!
**Odd turn, I know, but that's how my mind works folks!**
And that made me think, What in the world is Heaven gonna be like?
I have always thought of it as the BEST of everything, and everybody's favorite everything, and happiness and love and laughter. But, my favorite things are not your favorite and vice versa.
So, how wonderful is it that we can all go to a place so much better than this old world with no tears or sadness! And we will all be happy there with all of our ideas of happiness meshing together. Even though we have never even experienced the true meaning of happiness and won't until we get there.
One of my ideas of heaven is a reunion with those that are already there. A place where I can walk with my papaw down dusty field rows and he can show me the most abundant stalks of cotton and the tallest corn that he has ever grown. Where he doesn't ever have to worry about the crop because there will always be bumper crops in Heaven!
And I can sit at a sewing machine with my mamaw since I never got to do that here. And all of our seams will be straight! And we can eat our daily ice cream like we use to except we wouldn't have to walk 4 times around the driveway afterwards because surely everything is fat free in Heaven!
And she can meet my kids one day. And I can meet my other grandfather for the first time.
And my momma can hold her baby girls. And my daddy can retire if he wants to and watch someone else farm.
And poor ol WB will probably still be working y'all because that's just what he does.:)
But, the best of all is that I can meet Jesus and thank him! And see what he looks like and hug him and just be in awe of it all. I mean, I get giddy just thinking about it.
So, what would your idea of heaven be?
This is one of my favorite Bible verses:
1 Corinthians 2:9 (NIV)
However, as it is written:
No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him
Sisterbug.com is the place to be!!
14 years ago
1 comment:
Wow, KA. This is a little deep. I always imagine heaven with really wispy clouds everywhere and lots of people. Lots of people but not crowded. Everyone is super happy, but not in an annoying way. And you're constantly running into people who make you smile.
Post a Comment