
Did y'all think we had been under the weather? I've let the ol blog get a little dusty because we have been doing things and going places and being busy and starting new things and so forth and whatnot.
The biggest achievement of the week was Sister starting preschool!
This was her with her teachers on the 'drop in' day. It was a little hour of meet and greet. See how happy she is? That is because a)it was called 'drop IN' and not 'drop OFF' and b)we had been there for an hour and she was finally getting in the groove of things. Then we had to go. And that is the only picture I have because there isn't a lot of smiling going on when we are getting ready for school or taking her in. But, I will say, I have not had to drag her in like I thought. Here's how our first week has gone.
Day 1: Tuesday, we got ready with minimal fussing, but I had been preparing her for school without T-O, so there was some resistance. She felt the need to take something from home and was planning to carry a magazine. So, on the front were some owls, and I cut out a pic of an owl and let her take that. Small, compact, thought it wouldn't get in the way.
Drop off was great (for her...there was some crying, but not bad). Buddy and I went to get my license renewed and got caught in the monsoon so I decided to chalk up the rest of my list and come home to do some chores. I also called WB and my parents letting them know how good she did. I fold 1 load of laundry, get halfway through changing the sheets on my bed and the phone rings. And I look at caller ID, and reluctantly pick it up.
"Mrs. Honea, this is so-and-so from school. Sister is inconsolable and has been crying for the last hour. She was fine until they put up the play-doh. We would like for you to come get her." Seriously?
So, I tell them to FIND THE OWL and I will be there in a few minutes. And, do you know when I got there, they said, She's been saying T-Os or something. Let me go find her.
Which to me meant, we found the owl and she is now fine and back with the class. And sure enough, she was playing in the playground happy as a lark with owl magazine cut out in hand. But, I was already there and she had seen me, so there was no sneaking out. So, I bring her home. They tell her to bring T-O tomorrow and she can put him in the cubby.
And, even though she "cried for an hour" she sang me 2 new songs, told me that their theme this month was flowers and leafs, and that they would be doing chapel and motor skills this week. And Seger Mar-get (Sarah Margaret) had piggy tails. And they called her only by 1 name and not the double name. (Yes, we are one of those)
Day 2: Upon being awakened "Do I go to school today? But, I want to stay with you!"
"No you don't! We will be vacuuming...you know you don't like the vacuum. And you get to go to the playground and chapel today. Plus, you get to take T-O who really wants to learn about flowers and leafs." So, after hearing how much she wants to stay with me, we drop off. It wasn't the worst ever, but there were tears. I call no one to tell them about it because I did not want to brag about nothing like I had done the day before.
And, there was no phone call from the school! (which I had already decided I wasn't going to pick her up again until the end of the day.) So, we pull up to get her and she is beaming! She has a stamp on her arm, a cars sticker on her leg, and a Hello Kitty necklace and bracelet. There was a birthday party in her class-on the second day. She said, "They gave us ice cream. And I ate it!" So I asked her what she did that was fun and she said "Everything was fun mommy! And I didn't cry too much. I didn't play on the snail outside, I just looked at it. And we danced! And Dillon threw a pit (fit) before lunch. He was arguing with Miss {teacher}. And his friend threw a pit too, but I don't know his name. And they called me {first name only}. But, we didn't do motor skills." So, you'll be excited about going back tomorrow? Uh-huh!
Day 3: "I wanna stay with you mommy!" And, so here we go again~same cries, different day. No dragging, but some crying when dropping off. No phone call.
When we picked her up here was her synopsis "I got on the snail today but I couldn't get off. We went to motor skills, but we just danced. I got sweat outside and I was fussing. They told me to go play or go sit in the shade. Seger Mar-get was there. I had fun though."
My synopsis-not as bad as I thought it would be. Hopefully this week will be better. I am actually expecting the same if not worse behavior in the mornings. Someone asked me if I cried. And, I didn't, but I am sure I will when she "wants" to go...if that ever happens.
And, since we have been talking up school and how you will have to go for a long time, etc, etc. I just threw out the question "what do you want to be when you grow up?"
Buddy's answer must be A Cow and Puppy Doctor since he spent the better part of yesterday walking around with the stethoscope on, cow and puppy in hand, mooing and barking.

Sister's answer?
TALL!!!Back with more exciting news for the other Sister soon!
4 comments:
I thought about Sister several times this week & even remembered to say a little prayer for you all. Sounds like she's soaking it all in whether she is really acting like she enjoys it or not. I'm sure the enjoying-it-part will come very soon & by then you (probably) won't want to cry either =) Let's get Buddy & Meg together soon to play...we'll have to plan that tomorrow night!
I love the pics of E. Too cute. And AA sounds like she knows how to work it at school. :) Are you still taking T-O?
CS- Yes to T-O. This morning she said that she thought she should take him to tinda-garten when we passed the "big" school. I told her that I didn't think she would need him and she said that when she gets to be a mommy she won't need school, so she's not going.
Hey girl,
I was cleaning out and found a few more "A" clothes if you're interested. I couldn't remember what size Sister wore, but I have a Ragsland (3) brown/blue polka dot A-line and bloomer pants with brown A, another brown/pink check tie-shoulder top and capri pant set with polka dot ribbon and pom pom trin with a big pink A, size 3, and a set of Christmas pjs that are white with red, dark green and lime polka dots and a red A. They are a 4. Let me know if you're interested!
Post a Comment