Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Mimae!





Today is my Mom's birthday! We were suppose to have a dinner here, but it was changed to lunch, and luckily the kids and I had already made a quick trip to Publix for cake, balloons, etc this morning. I am usually a cake baker and not buyer, but I didn't get it together yesterday. So, we had to get the only white cake they had with yellow and chocolate icing. Very 70s if you ask me, but it served it's purpose. (We are in the midst of potty training this week, so we are hanging out at the house to see if we can get this accomplished.)
We decorated with a banner and balloons. Sissy was sure to point out to Mimae that her balloons were the colored ones. When we picked out the mylars, Sissy said "Mimae doesn't want to take these home with her." Anyway, Sissy actually ate a tomato and a couple of bites of Steakout Hamburger at lunch. (She knows what's good!) Usually she has no veges and definitley nothing that even looks like hamburger meat. I think she wanted cake really bad!!
Now, my mom is the best, y'all. She fills in for WB when he is working and I need help(which is a lot) and I know I couldn't do anything without her. I am very blessed to have her that is for sure. She loves these babies and they love her. Granted, we fuss...a lot, but that is our relationship. And, I can only hope that me and the Sis are best buds one day like me and momma.
I want to end this post with a funny story about momma, but I am not sure if I should talk about how she drives a stick shift, or the interesting meals that have come out of her inability to follow a recipe, or how she caught the house on fire that time, or when we went to Weight Watchers together, or when she had her halo (when she broke her neck) and she came eye to eye with a hummingbird. I think I will tell y'all about the time we went to the Botanical Gardens for a garden show thing and it was potty break time. There were about 55 women and 3 men. We had to go real bad and walked into an empty restroom. We thought it was kind of odd since a ladies restroom is always full. Then a man comes out of the stall and gives us a funny look. We, of course, return the look because why in the world would a man be coming out of the stall of the women's bathroom and who was he to think he could give us a funny look? He was the one in the wrong bathroom. Then, we notice the urinals. HHMMMM.
Happy birthday Mom! Here's to many more funny stories to add to my blog! I love you!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you got to spend some time with your mom. It sounds like you guys have a neat relationship. Good luck with the potty training. Let me know how it goes!

becky said...

heehee!! don't you just love mamas?? we will be at plainview's trunk or treat on saturday (we are trying to move back out there.) hope yall are good.