Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mamas, don't let your babies...

...dress up to be cowboys! They will look way cuter than you imagined!!
We started Halloween week off at our church's Funfest. And WB was able to go with us! We were so excited when he told us that everything fell through with his jobs for the day and he could go! I said a little Thank You to the Lord because I knew it would be so much easier with 2 of us!



We had lots of fun and sister was so excited to get in the "jumpy tangs" this year.

I think her Halloween was made when she got to trick or treat at Mr. Don's van. He is by far her favorite person at church! She loves to see him and "needs to tell him a question" every Sunday when we see him. She also makes papers for him about 13 times a week and asks me to mail them to him so that he can put them on his 'frigerator. I have given him a few, but I don't think he wants the amount of mail he would get from us on a daily basis.
Here is the family. Mrs. Bell took this picture and she reads my blog. She doesn't comment though, but I have been told that she is here- Hi! Thanks for taking our picture. It's ok for you to comment. I would love to hear from you!

Up next was the Scarecrow party at preschool. The class was suppose to dress up, but Sister said "Mommy, I don't want to dress up. Will you just make me a shirt?" She is so my child. I am not a fan of dressing in costumes. I really would not mind totally skipping over halloween. She very rarely plays dress up around here. We are who we are, I guess is the best way to put it.

I was curious about how she would do with us there. But, she was fine and had fun. Here is my take on school parties "Pure organized chaos!" Just like birthday parties, except someone else is in charge.

Buddy made himself at home. I am sure I will not have any trouble dropping him off at school everyday. He loves people!

We rounded off the festivities with trick or treating. We missed our neighborhood party because Sister had a fever all day on Halloween. So, we decided to go on our own and not infect all of our friends. We just went to a few houses.


Buddy was not really excited about it at first. This is the only pic I got of him because he would yell until I put the camera down. He did not want his picture taken that is for sure! I thought he was getting sick too, but so far so good! He was very polite and said "Ta too" when people would give him candy and always said 'BYEEEE" when we left.
It was a fun week, but I must say-glad to be moving on the the turkeys and the bright lights and the smell of oranges & cinnamon & cloves simmering on my stove!
And we will be having some quality time with these folks-

And attempting to get a Christmas card picture that is better than this

and this

Pray for our patience!

6 comments:

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

what some cute little cowboys you have!!!

one BleSSed gal! said...

your babies looked adorable! i LOVE little cowboys/cowgirls! sorry y'all weren't feeling great...your luck sounds like mine =(

good luck on those christmas card pictures. i've been thinking of what i want to do this year. my wheels are spinning =)

brooke said...

I absolutely love the cowboy coustmes!! I need to make all my kids dress us the same one year. I'm worried I'm getting past the point of getting to decide whater they wear. I'm sure glad Halloween is over!!

Anonymous said...

Ok Ms. Honeabeee I'm a blog stalker! Love the pics of your beautiful children. Reminds me of mine when they were small and I miss them but I've been blessed with precious grandbabies which brings it all back, I love it! I've been looking at your sewing and will probably order something from you for my little ones in the future. Oh yeah, I'm a facebook creeper too!

Nana at Mayfair said...

Love the Funfest family pic, beautiful family! Yes, the anonymous was me, having trouble signing in.

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

So incredibly cute! I can't get over those precious cowboys! And that scarecrow shirt is adorable, of course. How much fun!