So, Monday and Tuesday of this week were Farm School days for the kids!
Monday afternoon we were able to go to MeeMee and PopPa Honey's to bottle feed a calf. His mommy had twins and would only feed one of the calves, so PopPa Honey was feeding the other one milk from a bottle.
Now, it is an understatement to say that Buddy loves cows because he LURVES cows. Every time we say a prayer, he makes sure to "Moo!" at some point as if to say "And thank you God for the cows!" So thoughtful, that boy!



PopPa Honey has named the cow "Trouble" because he is just that. WB talked about how he use to hate to have to get up before school and bottle-feed a bunch of calves.
All of the pictures I tried to get of Buddy were blurry because he wouldn't stop turning his head and mooing at the cows all around him. I thought the child was going to be hoarse before we left!
Here he is saying "HEEEEEYYY MMOOOOO!"
And here he was trying to get to them again. The sparkles in the blackness are cow eyes. I think they love him too. I mean, who can't?!Then, Tuesday, I let the kids skip nap (I have turned wild, y'all!) and we went straight from getting sister from school out to pick corn with my daddy. The other thing Bud loves more than anything is tractors! And Sister too. I had told Sister that we would be riding the combine and when we got there she corrected me. It was not the combine, but the picker.
They could not get on the picker fast enough and had no time for looking at the camera.
Then there was a lot of driving. And fighting over who's turn it was to drive.
And Sister would get so excited to fill up the picker with the corn she had picked...
and then offload it onto the buggy.
And buddy was just cute. Do you know that every time I look at him I just can't get over the fact that he is so white headed? It's like I think he has a wig on. I am interested to see what it looks like this winter.
Anyway, I got some GOOD smiles out of Sister! I never can get those on camera! 
And when we left, there were big ol tears y'all. Poor baby. He managed to swipe a toy tractor from Daddy's shop, so it has been his constant companion. Next Edition: Picking Beans!
4 comments:
Adorable =) I love all the smiles! My Daddy grew up on a farm & I used to love going there. It was so different from my life. I hate that's something my kiddos will never know about. I know it makes both of your parents so happy to see how excited your kids are when they're on the farm.
How fun! Your kids are going to be so well rounded. They can do the city or the country. :)
WOW...I'm not sure my kids will ever get to experience things like that. I grew up going to my grandparents riding on tractors, feeding the cows, fishing with those cane poles. So neat your kids go to see the corn pick'n and do some bottle feeding. :) Memories...memories...you hope they'll never forget.
You are so lucky to be able to take them to the farm whenever you want. We went to Tate Farms yesterday and I was so excited that the kids were getting to go to a farm and see animals, etc. Then I thought about you and how ya'll can do that whenever you want. So lucky!!
Post a Comment