
A couple of pics before school today in their pumpkin shirts. As I was hurriedly trying to get their shirts done last night, WB was wondering why they needed to be done so quick.
To which I said "Sister asked to wear a pumpkin shirt to school tomorrow, so I am making both of theirs so they will match."
And then he said "Cause it's important that they match as they ride in the car to school together."
And, I said "Yes, yes it is!"
I mean who cares if Buddy doesn't go to school and no one would probably see them together to see that they match. To me, it makes my heart feel full when my kids match or at least coordinate. Why have them so close in age if you can't match them. Why have kids at all? Even Sister knows the importance. She always checks them to make sure something matches, especially before church. Men just don't understand.
Y'all know I LOVE my kids, but they both have these little "sayings" these days that are about to cause me to go bald.

Sister likes to say "Hey, you know what?" 9 million times a day.
And it is usually followed by this one "My panties are crooked!"
OR, the most popular phrase of all "My panties are in my booty!"
I am at the point that I think we may try boy underwear. I have tried all other options- ALL of them - she would rather wear McQueen, Buzz and Spiderman than anything Princess anyway.

And do y'all know that I could just sit around and smell this little boy's breath? Oh my word what little boys do to their mommies! Especially ones with big blue eyes and long eyelashes.
BUT, do you know what he has learned? My other 2 favorite- "Mine" and "No"
I cannot handle Mine! I feel like it is a word for little snotty kids who don't know how to share. Sister never really said it until she started school. (I know, blame it on school!) But, it's true. We have had the talk about how we do not say that word, that we share our toys (or whatever). So, she hasn't said it in a few weeks. But, the few times it was spoken must have stayed in that cute little boy head. So, we are working on that now. Fun!
Sister said "Hey! You know what? Buddy learned that from ME!"
And if she teaches him to say "My panties are in my booty!" I think I might run away.
Please know that I am in no way ungrateful to the Good Lord for my awesomely healthy talkative children! Because I thank him umpteen times a day for them.
This is just my outlet. The End.
6 comments:
This post totally cracks me up!! Panties in my booty....that's hilarious. For some reason my kids haev never used that phrase but they have no problem picking it out in public. Love the pumkim shirts!! Enjoy that your kids mastch now because my boys would absolutely refuse to wear something that cute. :(
Love the pumpkin outfits! I totally get the matching thing, too, which my husband doesn't really understand what's the big deal either. One day they'll have an opinion about what they wear, so we better enjoy picking their clothes out now, right? :) My kids are getting to be extremely talkative...and ask about 8,000 questions a day! And every answer I give leads to another question. So, it could be worse, you could hear "You know what?" x 3. :)
Love the pumpkin shirts... i only have one and i get the matching thing, guys just dont get it :)
very cute shirts!! luke didn't start saying "no" until seth started saying it. and he came home from school saying "guess what?" before saying everything. i had to nip that one real quick. drove me cah-razy!
Poor girl...she still hasn't got her panties outta her booty???
Those are adorable pumpkin shirts! I love it when I have the opportunity to match my boys, but I feel that Joshua may be a little too old now. I always loved coordinating Joshua and Abby Kate when they were little, but it is hard to find things that go with the other the older they get. I always at least try to coordinate mine come Christmas time.
The sayings are too funny! I love having my blog as my outlet.
Post a Comment