Friday, November 13, 2009

If Christmas Cards were a reality show...

**This is the first of a bunch of posts to get caught up from this month. I should totally be sewing, but I am choosing to get caught up a little before my mind erases all memory of November 2009. My AWESOME friends who have ordered Christmas shirts:please forgive. I will be working on them too. Really!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few weeks ago, we embarked on a journey South to my old stomping grounds, aka The Lovliest Village on the Plains. Our mission was 1)get a Christmas card picture for my parent's cards, 2)spend some time with my brother's family, and 3)meet my BF from college and her family.

We stopped in Prattville for a good old fashioned "I-haven't-seen-you-in-7-years-what-are-you-doing-now-here-are-my-kids-look-at-yours-OH-MY-WORD-do-you-remember-when?" with my best friend from college, Jamie and her family.
Yes, it was crazy that it had been 7 years, but that is life sometimes. Of course we were able to pick right back up where we left off-and why not, because there were so many times that you would have sworn we were THE SAME PERSON way back when. People thought we were sisters, although we never knew why.
We met at J&M II when we were both slaves to the "book rush" days. And, chances are, if you shopped at the J&M between 1997-2000, you probably purchased your overpriced books from me, and then brought them back to me for "buyback" and got mad when I didn't give you a lot for them. Viscious cycle.



Anyway, it was so good to see James and Matt and their little one (and another one on the way). And, it's good to know that through all of the changes that take place to a woman through the "birthing" years, there are some things that never change-good friendships! Love you!!

After that dinner, we finally made it to my brother's house to embark on the annual weekend of "try really hard to get a picture of all of the kids looking at the camera for Memae and Papa's Christmas card." And this year, we decided to take it on-location to the beautiful campus of Auburn University!
Because that would make it easier.
Cousins -1 (We would not throw poor Zackie on the bed with these 4!)

Let me start out by saying-
We got some of the best pictures y'all! I mean-look at them...





This is the one I chose and my caption will read:
Hope your family is as happy as ours this holiday season!





Here is my brother's-with a very simple caption ~ JOY!

Just kidding-we did get a good group one, which I have cropped down to take out the fact that Sister had fallen right before we left and scraped up her knees, so they were red. Therefore she kept pulling her skirt up.







But, we still had a great time and WB asked if next time we go to Auburn, could we go other places besides Samford Hall and the sign. Because that is the only part he has ever seen. Oh.

Moving on-
Have I shown y'all this resemblance?
Brad Paisley
Bub

2 comments:

brooke said...

Ha!!! That cracks me up...the picture taking. Been there, done that, 1000 times. LOL. I do see a resemblance with Brad Paisley.

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

Dont you love friends like that... where you can always pick right up where you left off, its the best!

I can so remember those days of pics like that with Sam, it will get better soon, I promise. Those pics make the best memories, when you look back at them and laugh!

I can definitely see the resemblance!!