Wednesday, September 30, 2009

For lack of better things...

There hasn't been anything exciting going on around here lately.
Preschool is going great and I am actually able to drop Sister off in the "drive-thru" and not have to get Buddy out. He still whines when she goes in. He wants to stay so bad! Sister also informed me that she now talks at school. And her friend at school is Adam. He is her only friend. And he likes her tattoos. She also got in trouble for kissing him. She said she "just needed to." Sigh.

{This was one morning before school. As you can tell, it was hard to contain their excitement for the day ahead.}

Although I have not taken up smoking nor started taking male hormones, my voice sounds like there have been some changes going on. It is called Fall Allergy Funkity Funk and I am Done.With.It. Mentally, but physically I may have a few more days to go. While fall is my favorite season, I do not enjoy the amount of kleenex that I have had to purchase already. I should have stock in that company. Well, maybe not these days.

I have also been sewing up a storm! Thanks y'all!! Check out SisterBug if you need Auburn (or the other team) shirts and Fall shirts. I will get my Christmas designs together in the next couple of weeks as well.
I took a stab at a corduroy skirt with no pattern tonight. (I'll post pics soon) It was really easy. I only had to call Aunt Shanie once for her opinion. She is the one who can take fabric and whip up a nap mat in 10 minutes-no pattern.

{Dear Bub,
Please bring Shan and my nephews back up here. I need someone to sew with that lives in the same county as me. We already have our ideas for our business. Hurry before Buddy goes to school and I have to get a real job. I don't wanna do that.
Love, your sister}

Another blessing has been my new Bible Study group. It is definitley an answered prayer because it is a)in the neighborhood across the road, b)has childcare for Buddy, c)I know the girl keeping the kids, and d)Beth Moore: Stepping Up. I go again in the morning and I am so looking forward to it! Y'all God knows what he is doing-and he knows I need this!
{Side note: Last week Beth (I can call her that because we are friends now) was talking about how we needed to sing to the Lord because he loves to hear our voices. Well, I was all pumped when we got in the car, so I got out my music and I was just a singin. And then the next day I started losing my voice. Surely that was coincidence and not God's way of telling me that he really doesn't love to hear everybody's voice}

{Because I can sing like a bird y'all}

{A bird that has been run over by a car. But a bird all the same}

Next week is Fall Break and I have been trying to organize playdates and crafts. Because I have a feeling it will be a LONG week. LONG. WEEK. Please do not let this week include rain. I do not know if everyone can survive that. I have been trying to decide...do the kids fuss more now that Sis is in school? Or, is it actually the same, but in a smaller amount of time? I guess we'll see next week.

War Eagle Y'all! Have a great Fall Break-if you get one!

5 comments:

one BleSSed gal! said...

I'm so glad school is better! What about Adam & that kiss...AA is really coming out of her shell...maybe a little too much =) Would love to get together, I was going to see if y'all wanted to go to Scotts, but Meg started running a fever AGAIN yesterday afternoon =(

brooke said...

Love Caley's Auburn shirt you made her and I can't wait for her to wear it!! Looks like she might be wearing tomorrow!! I 've been trying to figure out what in the world we're gonna do all week as well. It might be a long week for us!!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

You are hilarious!
The Auburn shirts are THE BEST! So cute!! And I love your bird analogy.
Isn't Beth the best? I haven't done stepping up, but I do know that God might not be interested in my voice and might smite it, too.
I'm just sayin'...

Amy said...

Okay, that's hilarious about Bible study and your voice. I am quite sure God isn't trying to shut you up! :) Although it is a strange coincidence.... :)

Sunny said...

That is adorable that your little girlie has gotten in trouble for kissing! :)