Monday, September 14, 2009

Daddy Time

Let me start by saying...
Last week we lost a dear friend very suddenly. Luckily, there is not a doubt in our minds that he is walking with God this very minute. But, for those still here, it was a hard week- for us, and a lot of our friends, and it will continue to be hard for his family. So, please say a prayer for the Nash family.
I was originally planning to post the entry below last week. But, it didn't seem like the time. And, it also had a whole new meaning. You see, there is not a day that goes by that I don't think "what if something happens to WB" because in his line of work, you just have to be prepared. (Joy knows what I'm talking about) But, you never think about it happening to someone perfectly healthy and so young like our friend.
So, we hug a little tighter. Rock a little longer. And cherish every moment a little more.

Now, for the turn to my original post...

Since our trip for my birthday, WB has been having a hard time being motivated to get out in the afternoons and on the weekends for job #2. Now, come this winter, I might be a little more stressed out about this. But, the Lord will provide~as He always has. So, for now, we are enjoying our Daddy Time! Because it doesn't come around a lot.
There have been movie nights, snuggles and cuddles in 'daddy's chair', and one little girl even allowing her daddy to put her to bed at night. That is huge around here!
But, along with daddy, comes trips to The Shop.
Which include 2 little kids who LOVE shovels and piles of gravel or dirt. This keeps them busy for hours. I am not sure if your kids would love it as much as mine, but you should bring them and let them try it out. It is worth the investment into your own backyard gravel pit. Because a)it's cheap, and b)anything that can keep your kids busy for hours is worth it. I just wish mine was in my backyard instead of 7 miles down the road.

And, we have also been doing a lot of this...

And even catching some...

And feelin' of um.

And there has been a quick little bit of riding...

And falling asleep because you cannot move in the life vests your momma makes you wear.

And, we are loving it!

But don't worry, WB hasn't been going through any work withdrawals because there has been more time spent working than playing at the lake. It's just not as fun to take pictures of.
So, if you have a workaholic husband and you don't know how to get him to stop. Just take him on a little trip without the kids. Then, you will have to push him out the door when you get back.
Why didn't I think of this years ago?

3 comments:

one BleSSed gal! said...

No doubt we knew how special our "Daddy Times" have been this summer, but never like we have this past week! I'm so glad that your family has had the time & the means to have some real couple time & family time. I know you needed it, just as badly as we did! Can't wait to see how God takes care of us all this winter...I know HE will =)

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

nothin better than some "daddy time" and time all together as a family. it takes on a whole new perspective after last week!!

~jennifer

brooke said...

How fun! This past week has certainly made me think of "daddy time" a whole lot more. So glad ya'll had so much fun!