This little diddy is to be sung (sang?) to the tune of Twelve Days of Christmas, starting with #5. (Hint: "Five golden rings")
Here we go...
'On Bubba's first birthday, my true loves gave to me...
BALLOONS WITH PINK STRINGS

FOUR INFECTED EARS
THREE HACKING COUGHERS

TWO BIRTHDAY CAKES


AND A FACE FULL OF BLACK ICING!!

Here's how the day was - Both kids (and WB too) have had the crusty nose, coughing junk for a couple of weeks and by Friday, Bubba had been running a fever for about a day and a half. So, I took him to the doc...he has double ear infections. UGH. We don't check Sister because no one wanted to go through that drama for nothing since she wasn't complaining. Then at 12:45 AM she woke up screaming for me saying that there were puppy dogs in her room. I get her calmed down from that and she says that her ear hurt. So, I give her motrin and put her back to bed. Then at 6:30, she woke back up saying that her ear hurt again and I needed to give her more medicine. So, I call the answering service and the doc on call happened to have business hours on Saturday, so we got in at 10:30...it was 8:45 and the party started at 12:30. While I was on the phone, Bubba was rubbing food all in his hair. (WB was working at this time) So, I had to get Bubba a bath, Sister ready, I had no balloons, ice, you know, the last minute things that you get right before the party and I had to drive 30 minutes to the doc's office.
So, I call momma who took care of all of my last minutes and did my COSTCO run. (Thanks Momma!) Get the baby in a quick bath, which he wasn't happy about. I guess he wanted greasy hair for his party. WB comes home just in time for me and the Sis to run out the door.
Now, the doc on call was in Madison right next door to my Papaw's Assisted Living. As soon as I turned on the road, I felt sick. I hadn't been there since he passed and it was kind of overwhelming. I immediately started missing him and wishing he was coming to the party. He LOVED birthdays and would always wear the party hats (sometimes he would even forget he had them on)! I have a picture of him with my brother's oldest at the last birthday party that I need to post. It is hilarious! I'm gonna find it for y'all. Anyway, I had to quit thinking about it and get myself together.
After waiting 30 minutes (the 2 kids ahead of us have strep, I tell Sissy not to breathe the air), we find out that she has 2 ear infections too. YAY! How fun! Finally, we get home 45 minutes before the party (about 5 minutes after momma) and I notice that the green and yellow balloons that momma picked up have pink strings. Appropriate since this is a BOY JOHN DEERE party, right? Must have been the old men that work produce at Publix who made those up for us. (That was the only pic of the balloons that I had)
Despite all of the craziness, we had a good time and I was glad we didn't postpone the party. Saturday night, I was so tired! Why does crazy stuff always happen to me?
Here is the Birthday Boy with his cake...







I want to make a collage of Bubba and his cake...anyone know how?

Sissy eating cake and ice cream with the cousins...see Elizabeth loving her ice cream?! My bro's kids were at home with RSV. But, they called on Sunday with big news that they will be having baby #3 in August. I guess that will make up for missing Bubba's big day! :)

Yes, this is a picture of 2 sets of boy and girl twins. WB's sister has twins (in the brown) and my best friend has some too (in the green). Moral of the story? You might not want to be my friend unless you want to have boy and girl twins (I have 2 neighbors and another friend with boy/girl twins too...hmmm)

Bubba in his car...he loved it until he fell through the bottom. And then, daddy said we couldn't ride it in the house anymore. Party Pooper.
And, I will close with one more picture of the cutest little one year old ever!

PS- I made the cakes and the shirt...not too bad, if I do say so myself. The shirt is a sample of one I will be selling soon!
4 comments:
I have had some of those days and they are very stressful huh? I think you did a great job on his party. Bubba looked adorable in his shirt you made. I love the cakes! I actually have made the tractor cake for Susie one year. I think it is too cute! I'm excited about your bro's new addition...tell them congrats from us! Love ya :)
soooooo cute! love the boy, love the shirts, love the cakes...love it. and i am IMPRESSED!!! i'll have to get little sis a #1 shirt in june! did you make the bib too? and did you ever come up with a business name?
Looks like everything turned out Great even after getting off to a crazy start! You did a great job on the cake, that was Sams 1st birthday party theme! Hope everyone is feeling better now!
~Jennifer
It sounds like a party that will be remembered for years. I love the cakes and the shirts. I really hope that your kids get to feeling better.
Post a Comment