I have mentioned the book Jesus Calling on here before and how YOU NEED TO BUY IT NOW for you and everyone you know and even people you don't know. Because every message I have read was written for me, but everyone else I know that has the book says the.same.thing.
But, the one for today, I claim to be mine. I claim it to be true! (shout out to my Bible Study sisters!)
Specifically for me. By Jesus Himself. On Thursday, March 24, 2011.
Because I needed to hear every single word of it on so many levels.
Here's what is says~
This is a time in your life when you must learn to let go: of loved ones, of possessions, of control. In order to let go of something that is precious to you, you need to rest in My Presence, where you are complete. Take time to bask in the Light of My Love. As you relax more and more, your grasping hand gradually opens up, releasing your prized possessions into My care.
You can feel secure, even in the midst of cataclysmic changes, through awareness of My continual Presence. The One who never leaves you is the same One who never changes: I am the same yesterday, today, and forever. As you release more and more things into My care, remember that I never let go of your hand. Herein lies your security, which no one and no circumstance can take from you.
Where do I begin? Learning to let go of loved ones~on Wednesday, I registered Sister for kindergarten. There are so many emotions that come along with this. And I am not ready for any of it. But, here God is reminding me that I have to let her go and let her grow and learn and make mistakes and hopefully some good decisions too. Because HE HAS HER! I have to release her {my prized possession} into His care. And He will never let go of her hand, even when I have to.
Learning to let go of possessions~there have been multiple break-ins in our neighborhood over the last few weeks and it has more than left me uneasy. It's like the devil is playing on my fear all day long. I have started keeping the house alarm on not just when we are gone, but also while we are at home. But, this reminded me that I can feel secure through His continual presence. The alarm on the house is not what is going to keep us safe-it's Jesus. Jesus. Jesus! No one and no circumstance can take His security away.
Learning to let go of control~Well, I have only had a 32 year battle with this one. Seriously. My Bible Study Group is studying the fruit of the Spirit and the main point of each lesson is that in order for you to develop and maintian love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control is through the Holy Spirit. And you have to relinquish ALL control to the Spirit for him to fully work in you. That's hard. Especially for someone that needs to be in control. But, I can't be fully complete if I don't let God have control. Because He is the one who really has it, I just like to think it's me.
I love the way God works! Especially when he slaps you in the face with everything you need to hear all in two little paragraphs of a daily devotional book. On THE day that you need to hear it. It's almost like He knows what you are going through, or what your tomorrow is going to bring, or how many hairs you have on your head, or something.
Please go get this little daily devotional book. It's small in size, but HUGE in message! It only takes about 5 minutes each day to read the devotional and the 2-3 verses included. It's also available on kindle and as an iphone app. If you buy it here, you can get free shipping when you buy 2 (use BLOOMBOOK at checkout). You will need 2...because you will want to give it away. Promise!
Sisterbug.com is the place to be!!
14 years ago
1 comment:
Kera, I love your thoughts here. Sounds like a great devotional book. It is so hard to let go of those things. Thanks for challenging me with your thoughts. Love you!
Post a Comment