Monday, November 15, 2010

Homecoming 2010


One of our family traditions is to take all the kids to Auburn Homecoming each year. When they get a little older, we hope to stay for the game~but for now, we want them to experience some of the Homecoming festivities that were part of our time at Auburn. Right now, that is Tiger Walk and Ag Roundup.

Our first stop was Tiger Walk~let me tell you how that went...we were right on time! And, by that, I mean we were at the intersection that the team goes through when they shut it down for Tiger Walk. Mom got the oldest 3 out, ran them up there, saw Coach Chizick (said he is short, by the way), then brought the kids back before we had even moved an inch. From the vehicles, we could see the crowd and hear the band. So, I am counting that as a success! Tiger Walk? Check!
(Look, we are working with 5 children, ages 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8-getting out of the house any time remotely close to the goal is a huge accomplishment itself!)

Stop number 2 was Ag Heritage Park for the Annual Ag Roundup! It's sponsored each year by the College of Agriculture and has tons of Alabama grown food vendors set up plus lots of fun stuff for the kids.

Sister's favorite thing was the fishing game. When the little guy asked her if she had fished before, she very matter-of-factly said, "Yes, I go fishing all the time at the lake!" as if she were a little offended by him questioning her experience. He had no idea who he was dealing with!

We saw the catfish man, the catfish car, the milk cow, a few goats, my best friend from AU days, Lex, and his family, tractors~needless to say, the kids were loving it! And, it was freezing! We all were supporting the Tigers under our coats!  But, it was a very fun time! We ended by taking a few pictures, playing frisbe, and rolling down the big hill! I love Auburn!




I love Auburn! I had one of the greatest college experiences that I think you can have the 4 years I was there! I learned so much about myself...I met life-long friends...there is so much about Auburn that I love! I love the atmosphere of football season~the excitement of the games, the stadium, everyone yelling "WAAAAAAAAAAAR Eagle, Hey!" can give you chills, especially if you are in the stands and experience it live! It's amazing! Auburn is a huge part of me and I love that I can share it with my children! I love that Sister says she's going to kindergarten, then she's going to Auburn. I love that Buddy will tell me, randomly during the week, "I wanna watch Auburn Football!" But, I also love that it's not just about the game, or the win, but it's about the place~The Loveliest Village on The Plains. It's pride in my school~

I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully.
I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.
I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities.
I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all.
I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.
I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."
And because Auburn men and women believe in these things,
 I believe in Auburn and love it.

2 comments:

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

So glad ya'll got to go and have such a great time!! and those are some AWESOME pics of you and your precious kids, love them!!!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Those pics of you and your kids are adorable! :) I'm glad ya'll had fun...even with Buddy being a little "under the weather". I'm going to have to tell Ben to read this about Auburn...He would love it! I'm happy I converted to "the good side"! :)