Monday, May 17, 2010

Quick Trips for Mother's Day

We have been more than a little busy around here over the past month. I don't see it letting up anytime soon. I am blogging late because I had to clean my house today. It had been a LONG while since my last cleaning. I kept hoping a cleaning lady might hear about how bad my house was and stop in to clean it...but that didn't happen. So, I sucked it up and did it myself.  It was worse than it had been in a while. I even had people over during my little cleaning hiatus. Something I would have normally NEVER done. I just told them that the 5 second rule could not apply on that night. If something dropped-it would be safer for them to leave it. Luckily they were my really good friends, the ones who don't care about the cleanliness of my house. I do feel a 10 pound weight lifted from my back since the house is finally clean. I would have rather those 10 pounds come from my stomach. I am hoping to be caught up by the end of the week with posts. So check back this week. Lotsa fun stuff to talk about...

I'll start with Mother's Day weekend...
The kids and I took off to Tennessee with my mom to see my grandmother. She moved to my uncle's house a few months ago and I hadn't been up there yet. Sister was so ready to get there and yell 'Kaprize!'




We hung out most of the morning and ate lunch with them. Sister loved Uncle Kenny's swing set and Buddy loved the puppies, of course. Here he is with Bear. Bear would fetch his ball and only bring it back to Buddy. They have a bond. A bond that will have to be long distance. I don't do dogs.

Once we wore out the kids and the dogs, we headed back to the lake for the rest of the weekend for fishing and relaxing. It was so unusually cold that when we got on the boat, we were all wrapped up like eskimos. The water was too choppy for fishing, so we mostly fished from the boat dock.

Buddy~shaking and poking the crickets.



Sister couldn't keep her hands off the 'crook-its' either. She kept getting them out of the box, dropping them, and then running all over the boat to catch them. She held this little cricket by the legs for about thirty minutes. She would say "why does this crook-it keep trying to bite me?" Umm...I think I would try to bite you too if you were holding me upside down by 2 legs! He made it into her bug box where she fed him some potato peels and named him Jay Jay. I think she will be disappointed when we go back and he's dead.


WB got to come on Saturday afternoon and helped Buddy fish.

Here's one Mimae caught. I think I heard the score was Mimae-2 and WB-1.
Ok, I gotta be honest with y'all...I don't like fishing. I cannot sit and wait for something to bite, it's not productive enough for me. If I had sat down there as long as WB and momma did and only caught 3-I think I would be so frustrated about the amount of time wasted. There are so many other things that could have been accomplished in that time.
But, if you catch a bunch of fish and need them cleaned, count me in! I LOVE to nail a fish to a pole and skin it! That use to be my job when we were little. I would cry when we would go fishing on the weekend, but once we were home with all the fish...that's when the real fun started! Kinda weird, I guess now that it's all typed out in a blog. Oh well.

All of the grandkids gave Mimae and Papa this horse swing for Christmas. Papa hung it for the kids and they loved it. Sister wanted to know when they were going to hang regular swings down there too. She thinks there should be swings everywhere we go! 


There are some people in the family that think once you are at the lake, there are no rules. Everyone can stay up late and act all willy-nilly with no consequences. Some of those people are below. And the others are named Mimae and Papa. This is why these pictures were possible.

Sunday, we headed back to real life and real rules, also known as HOME.
We stopped by MeeMee and PopPa Honey's to plant their white dogwood for Buddy. We gave them a pink one when Sister was 2, so this year was Buddy's turn. The kids went on a hunt for a new baby calf that was born just a few days before, but the momma had already moved it. Buddy was a little sad, I think.


It was a fun weekend and a nice break! More to come...

(Please excuse this picture in a random spot...it was suppose to be at the top, but I can't get it back up there. )

2 comments:

brooke said...

How fun! I can't believe that you like to clean the fish!!! Poor little fish. I love fishing but I'll definitely skip the cleaning part....yuck! Thomas can't stand fishing either because you have to sit there and wait. Well, I think I could do it all day :) My kids mayb have to come with your family to get that experience because I doubt they'll get much of it with us. Glad you're getting caught up. It's hard when you get behind.

Lindsey said...

Your kids are so cute!! I love the pics with Reddi Whip in their mouths! That never gets old to me:)