This is a picture of me and some of my awesome friends. We took a little trip to Atlanta last weekend to see Beth Moore and have a little Spritual Retreat. And it was beyond words, amazing, fun, fabulous, and then we got to see Beth. Which was not the only reason I went, but definitely a highlight. And, of course she did not dissapoint! She was all the things I love about her, uplifting, loud, and fired up about the Lord! (& of course she had her signature big hair!!) It was an amazing weekend and I am still thanking God that he worked it all out so that I could be there. See, He knew how bad I needed to go!!
So, I had been praying what you normally pray when your child is sick and then we all prayed about it before bed too. This morning while praying, I just decided that I was going to be bold (because I really wanted to go to Bible Study today) and I prayed - God, just heal her because I know you can make the hives completely go away so that we can go about our normal Thursday plans.
Then when I got out of the shower, I thought-maybe I should wait til she gets up to put my makeup on (no since in wasting it if I were only going to stay home), but then I remembered, No! I am going to believe GOD and put my makeup on now because she will have no hives and I will get to go to Bible Study.
And about that time, I heard her coming down the hall and when she came in the bathroom, I looked at her and there were NO HIVES!!! And do you know that I just jumped up and down right there! And I said (really loud) "Sister, you don't have any hives on your face! We prayed about it and God took them away! Isn't that awesome!"
In my Believing God Bible study there has been a lot of talk about praying BIG, and praying with thanksgiving, like instead of asking God to do something, just thank him for already doing it because you have the faith that he will. She (Beth Moore) has touched on it here and there on other days, but she went more in depth today.
The story was Joshua 10: 1-15, where Joshua asked for more daylight because he knew he would need it to defend his people...and God didn't allow the sun to go down for a whole day. And, how awesome it was that Joshua just asked for something so huge and it was given to him. Go read the story-God made an extra day of sunlight-it's in there!!
I think God wanted me to be there today. He wanted me to see that by praying BIG and then Believing Him to do it, that he would heal Sister! And I think he was saying, Girl, that was just the hives! Give me something harder! And, I'm gonna! Because I know He will do it!
Jeremiah 32:17 (NIV)
Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.

1 comment:
So much to be thankful for...great friends, an awesome Bible study & no hives!!! God is GOOD all the time :)
Post a Comment