Sunday, April 18, 2010

Easter, cows, and butterflies::Yay Spring!

I love Spring! It's my favorite season, after Fall, of course. It's like a renewal of life from all of the drab-ness of winter. Kind of how I imagine it was when they were looking for Jesus in the tomb...they had just went through the horrible crucifixion...then to see the angel say "He is risen!"~like the promise of a new day. How happy it made them-and how happy it makes me! Spring is fabulous!
Here are a few signs of Spring that we have seen around here lately. (I will spare you the snot bubbles and recycle bin full of empty kleenex boxes that is most of what this spring has brought us. We'll focus on the positive~)

Easter morning brought us an enormous amount of bedhead (a sign that we are still getting use to daylight savings time). And also Easter baskets filled with some clothes, books, the Toy Story movies, legos and cars.
See what I'm saying about the bedhead??

The little lego pack was Sister's favorite. She had half of it put together by herself and kept telling WB that he was putting it together wrong. She would get the 'corrections' and match the pieces to the picture, then put them on the ship where they were suppose to go.

She has loved legos since she discovered them after her first birthday. She has been wanting a 'lego project' thing since we got her cousin a Star Wars one for his b-day. I can't even tell you how many times she has put this thing together. And only used the directions on the first couple of tries.  I know what she'll be getting for her birthday. I am thinking she may be an engineer when she grows up. Who knows?!

After I did some major combing of the hair and burned Sister's arm with the curling iron, we were ready for church. WB was called in to work. At least he got to see the Easter baskets.
Pretty girl all dressed in blue for Easter Sunday. (I gave up on a picture of them together.)

Buddy-cooperating like a good little 2 year old! ha
I made the shorts and monogrammed the shirt. Before I had kids I said I would always make their Easter outfits. I have made Sister one (her first Easter) and here's Buddy's. Two out of 7 Easter outfit opportunities isn't horrible I don't guess.
After church with my parents, we headed to the Honea's for our Easter Egg hunt.

Here's another sign of Spring-all of the baby calves. You know who was out in the middle of them~Buddy!
Let me just say that it was not meant for me to be a cow...besides the obvious walking around in the poop and eating of the grass, there is this-
I mean seriously. I am all about the nursing thing, but when you can get your nutrients from grass and hay, it's time to move on. Not to mention the fact that the cow is ALMOST YOUR SIZE! No thanks!
 Anyway, we started hunting and WB rolled down the drive. So he assisted Buddy...
No, I didn't make WB's Easter outfit. I don't think he would have chose flame-retardant, non-breatheable knit. And brownish-khaki really isn't his color. But he was still on call and after about 2 rounds of hunting was called right back in.
Sister found all 3 of the prize eggs! So, she got a total of $2.80. She said 'Aww, I wanted candy!' ha

The last sign of Spring-Butterflies! Sister's class 'grew' butterflies and learned about their whole process of transformation. They were so excited to see the butterflies hatch and fast too. They checked on the before chapel and they were still in the chrysalis...then when they came back, they were flying in the habitat. So, there was a Butterfly Release Picnic last week.
Buddy was waiting so patiently and yelling "FLY FLY!" Sister's teacher had to coax them out a bit.
It was hard to get a picture. The butterfly is the orange blob in the upper corner of the habitat.
But once they got the nerve, they started flying really fast and far away. The kids were so excited!
One of God's many many miracles!


4 comments:

Sunny said...

I love it that your little girl put together her legos. That is some talent. They look so sweet in their outfits. And, I love the picture of the baby calves.

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

She is awesome at putting things together, Kera...I've seen it myself with the puzzles. She is bound to be an engineer or something like that. Noah is the same way. He could sit around all day and work puzzles and put things together. They might be a good match. :)

brooke said...

Your pictures are so sweet....love his blue eyes! I don't know why my kids have never really been interested in legos. Hope that doesn't mean they're gonna get my brains. The picture of that cow nursing is hilarious! That aint right!

one BleSSed gal! said...

YaY for Spring!!! They look so cute in their Easter outfits, especially WB :)