Sister is 5! And, as normal, we celebrated for a week! Our first celebration was at the lake for Memorial weekend. My brother's family was in town so we were able to get in some cousin time!
The 3 Muskateers! Buddy is 10 months younger than Coco who is 10 months younger than Sis.
A family pic after 'Lake Church' (with no makeup)
Our annual Memorial Day pic of the kids.
On Sister's actual birthday, we met WB's family for dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant. We went early to beat the Friday night crowd. They sat us in the back. The service was beyond slow. Therefore, we were stuck once the back room turned into a karaoke bar. Yes, a karaoke bar. We didn't know this.
So, he asked for people to come up and sing. Sister walked up to him and asked him to sing Happy Birthday to her! WB and I were a little shocked. We would have never done that at 5, or any other age.
In normal karaoke bar fashion, EVERYBODY got involved. They announced it on the microphone, Sis stood up in a chair and the whole place sang to her! I could feel my cheeks turning red and I started sweating!! She just ate it up!
So, he asked for people to come up and sing. Sister walked up to him and asked him to sing Happy Birthday to her! WB and I were a little shocked. We would have never done that at 5, or any other age.
In normal karaoke bar fashion, EVERYBODY got involved. They announced it on the microphone, Sis stood up in a chair and the whole place sang to her! I could feel my cheeks turning red and I started sweating!! She just ate it up!
We thought it was over, but Oh No! Not quite! We had to continue to sit and sit and sit and listen and wish we had ear plugs and sit. They wouldn't let us leave because the Friday Night Karaoke Club had another trick up their sleeve!
Sister wasn't so sure about this! :) We were ready to get out of that joint!!
Sweet kids!
On Saturday, we had a busy day before Sister's Art Party. We started out with our last swim lesson, then we had to get plates, cookie cake, etc. On a quick run in Hobby Lobby to grab some fabric, Buddy declared he had to go potty real bad. So, I throw him in the buggy to make the long run to the back of the store. Sister was walking behind us and when I turned around to check on her, I saw her bouncing off one of the glass shelf things. Then I heard SCREAMING! And she was holding her eye. I didn't see any blood, but there was redness. Then Buddy decided she wasn't screaming loud enough and started screaming as well. Fantastic. Long story short, Sister has a black eye.
And no one at the Hob tried to help...they just stared at us. And, kept saying, you should put some ice on that. Really? Thanks for the advice.
Here we are at the art party~you can't really tell here, but it is a lot worse each day!
The girls painted sparklie fish!
And all of their moms thanked me for having an indoor party. I don't know why they don't like my outside parties in June.
Here it is today. :( Needless to say, I canceled her pictures this week.
I always strive to make my kid's birthdays memorable.
This one was definitely a success!
Who else gets to go to a karaoke bar and get a black eye when they are five?
I know all of y'all are striving for that Mother of the Year trophy, but I think you better get to cracking. We've already had a broken collar bone and black eye this year...and it's only June.



1 comment:
Hey, she will never forget this birthday and next year, you will have a difficult time topping it. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment