Fall is my favorite time of year! I guess I love fall because I love harvest time, pumpkins, the trees changing color on the mountains around us, and chilly nights. I also love that it usually is the beginning of my busiest time of year-and the embroidery machine has been smoking every day, let me tell you (and also thank you!). But then, I sound like I have been smoking-since I was born! There's always a hitch to your favorite things!
Here's our busy month~so far~ in review.
We almost became puppy owners.
Isn't he sweet? When WB once proposed the thought of having a dog, I said "Don't you be bringing home no dog!" (really, just like that) And then he said~it's a free chocolate lab-full blooded, our pick. And I said~you know I love free, but if he doesn't come with a lifetime supply of dog food, a personal pooper scooper, and a free vet, he ain't really free. And, then he said~let's at least take the kids by to see the litter.
So, I saw this little guy with the bum eye, and I was hooked. Buddy said~Mommy, I wub it! The puppy had the sweetest little demeanor. So, then I started thinking about the good parts of having a dog.
Long story short-the Lord stepped in and said "Don't you be bringing home no dog!" and found someone really good for Mister One-Eye and I was ok with that.
Now the kids have moved on to horses. Especially ones with "Barbie Hair" as Sister says.
We had a little time with Mamaw DD (the kid's great-grandmother). Both of them are so sweet with her. She and Buddy 'read' books for about 2 hours.
Our cousins came to town and we checked out the scarecrows.
This was by far everyone's favorite~Buzz-a-ite-ear~as Buddy says.
Christmas card pics should be fun this year. Can't wait for that.
At the beginning of fall break, we headed down to Uncle Bub's with my daddy to see Jay play his last Faith Football game. Some families from their church got together and started a flag football thing kind of like Upward Basketball. There was enough for 2 teams and they practice for an hour, then play for an hour. It was really fun to watch! Jay picked #34-Bo Jackson's number, of course!
Sister had her first experience with a concession stand. She had a ring pop, popcorn, blue sour straws, & gatorade. Not sure how she got all of that with the dollar I gave her. The money was going to be donated to Agape. Sorry Agape, I think you got jipped. I finally had to go get her and make her sit by me-she kept just hanging out over there.
Buddy pushed a truck around the whole time.
Since fall means pumpkins, we headed over to the pumpkin patch.
The kids loved the 'Cow Train!' (Even though it doesn't look like it in this picture)
WB even got to go with us! Woot!
Sister picked out her pumpkin in no time! I told her to squat beside it so I could take a picture. So, she squatted like she does when she has to go pee pee at the shop. Fabulous.
Buddy took FOREVER to pick his. He couldn't decide-did he want 'BBBIIIIIIIIIGGGGG Big' or 'wee bitty?' He finally decided on this one and then tried to carry it to the trailer.
Mimae came too! I think because she heard there were inflatables!
Buddy always ends whatever event we do with "Mommy, had fun (fill in the blank)" it doesn't matter if it's church, the grocery store, playing with his friends. I can always expect that sweet little sentence coming from his mouth when we leave. I can't even tell you the number of time he said "Had fun punkin patch!" over the next few days. He even told everybody we saw that he "had fun punkin patch!" I guess that rates it top on his fun list! Sweet baby!
Daddy is in full fledge Harvest mode these days, so we went and rode the combine with him last week. He is picking soybeans now (see them behind the kids?).
We rode for about 2 hours and the kids loved every minute of it!
Buddy always cries when we leave the field! This time he cried because he couldn't understand why I wouldn't drive the "purple Mack" home. Bless his little heart.


















3 comments:
Your blog makes me crack up because I can actually hear you saying those things! :) LB wants a dog and I think we're about to give in. We told the girls they had to scoop the poop and they were not at all interested :)
I, too, can hear you saying those things! You are just too funny! Looks like you all are off to a great fall.
You make me laugh...all the time! :) Looks like a fun fall so far for you and the kids! Love that pic of you and Sister...precious!
Post a Comment