Sister's Pre-K started today! She was so excited about it yesterday that she was in my room at 6:45 am wanting to know if it was school day! She couldn't wait to start! Especially after going to Drop-in last Friday and meeting her teachers. This is her sitting at her table, where she sat most of the time. She wanted to stay the whole hour, so we did.
Then we met Mimae for the rest of our Girl's Day of shopping, eating lunch, and having ice cream.
She actually tried on clothes, but not before being bribed with the pajamas she picked out. :) She talked about school all weekend and just couldn't wait for it!This morning, her brother went in her room and said "Wake up sunshine girl! You go school!"
Here she with her Hello Kitty lunch box all ready to go! There were absolutely NO tears shed today!! What a huge difference from last year! It is amazing how far this little girl has come in a year!
I am including a few scans of some of the art she has been drawing this summer. Anyone who knows Sister, knows that she is the craft queen. She is serious about some art. For my birthday a few weeks ago, she made me 3 birthday bags FULL of crafts. There were over 37 different envelopes with things she had made. Some envelopes were tripple stuffed and then wrapped with wrapping paper (another thing she loves to do). I opened envelopes, bags & presents, for over 30 minutes. No exaggeration. At one point, she even said, "Mommy, I will help you. I know you are tired!"
Here are just a few of my favorites...
This is an M&M wearing 4 party hats.
This says Happy Birthday Mommy and is a cake with 3 candles
This is me flying a helicopter.
This is an elephant turning on a light switch.
This is a giraffe (drawn by me), but colored by her. I had to fold it down to scan it, but if you will notice, there is an extra blue thing there in the middle of the giraffe's legs. She says this is the baby giraffe's milk coming out.
I am so so very proud of my sweet Sunshine Girl! I can't believe she is growing so fast! I know she is going to have such a great year at school! Buddy and I will miss her, but with all of his little antics lately, he is going to keep me on my toes!








7 comments:
Oh my word...I love the pictures! She is such a good little artist. That made me laugh...especially the giraffe with the milk coming out. :) What a sweet, big girl!
What a sweetheart! Love her drawings :)
I do believe my favorite is the elephant turning on the light switch. I love how their little minds work!! :)
She is growing up! Doesn't it make school easier when they are excited to go?!
you definitely have an artist on your hands!! she's gonna be creative like her moma :) Glad her first day got off to a great start!!
Wow...is that the same little girl who used to cry every time you left her any where? I am glad to see she is happy & was excited for the day to start! I know it makes you sad to see her go, but what a relief that she went happily! Hope she has a wonderful year.
I love all her artwork. I have books that Cole made when he was about that age & I love to go back & look at them. Treasure them...before long it'll be big school & they zap all their sweet little creativity :(
What a talented little artist! I love the giraffe's milk. Were you able to keep a straight face with that one? I love the elephant one - so creative! AA looks so excited and happy to be at school. And I love how your little guy went in to wake her up. So sweet!
Those are awesome! I have many, MANY like them!!
Post a Comment