We are not a big traveling family, just due to the fact that WB's busiest times with his job(s) are March-October, then comes my busiest time of November-December...and who wants to go to the beach in January or February? This year, we were bound and determined that no matter what, we were going on a family vaca since our kids were at the perfect ages (5 & 3.5) for a beach trip. And, it was the best trip ever!
First of all, God showed out for us! I think he knew we needed that trip to remind us we should take the time to bask in His beauty more often. We saw dolphins jumping and flipping every morning, brought home tons of shells from the ocean, caught a little crab, saw the end of a rainbow, swam with sharks (not on purpose), and just relaxed. I want to go back tomorrow!
The kids were great! Buddy loved the beach and Sister loved the pool. They did good at all of the long dinner waits (thanks to cars and search & find books). WB and I were able to get a little alone time one afternoon when it rained, and I even got to spend a little time shopping with my mom! WB and my daddy got naps and good dinners every day, so the trip was a success to them. :) We had a ton of laughs with (at) the kids~it was just an awesome getaway and totally worth the wait!
They were in a hole, although you can't really tell it was a hole.
The rainbow that ended in the sand. We wondered if we should get a shovel and see what we could find!
Mimae and Papa
Me and the Sis (& my hair right when I walked outside)
(my hair, after I had been outside for just 5 minutes. I forgot what the good ol humidity did to my naturally wavy hair.)
We waited til the last day to do the "family beach shots" which is why we didn't get any...it rained. But, this trip was the best vacation I have ever been on! It was so fun to see the kids experience the beach for the first time. I am glad we waited til they were big enough to be able to play and enjoy it. And, it was a much needed, long overdue rest for us!
1 comment:
Glad that you & your family had a great vacay! Love all the pics ;)
Post a Comment